Iroshizuku kon-peki (deep ocean blue)

Friday, November 6, 2009

Reading my previous posts on Iroshizuku inks you can't have misunderstood that I am impressed by the Iroshizuku line-up of fountainpen inks. This review is about the kon-peki and was bought at Jetpens.
Iroshizuku kon-peki (deep ocean blue)

Color
It is a real vibrant blue color. I love writing with it. The name deep ocean blue is just right for it. If you like vibrant color's this blue is just the one.

Writing
I filled this ink in my dear old Parker Duofold (medium). The ink flows great, even in this wet writing parker with medium nib their is no real trouble on Moleskine paper. Only the dots are bleeding through. I tried it in a Lamy Safari (medium and fine) with no bleedthrough as result.
Iroshizuku kon-peki (deep ocean blue)

Written review
Iroshizuku kon-peki (deep ocean blue)
If you can't read my handwriting here's the translation.
"Iroshizuku kon-peki

I just filled my Parker Duofold (medium) with Iroshizuku kon-peki.

My Parker Duofold is the broadest and wettest writer I have. Their is a little bit of feathering and slightly bleedtrough on this Moleskine paper. The ink has a little shading wich is nice.

The color is rich and vibrant, light blue. Deep ocean blue. A nice happy color :-)

$ 0,45/ml that is expensive. With a Lamy Safari no bleed-through.

Woodworker"

Desktopimage
Here's a desktop image for your computer. I made it 1920 x 1200 especially for you. Click on this link. You are free to use it.

Moleskinefriendly
I tried this ink in 5 different Moleskines with the Parker Duofold (medium) and Lamy Safari (fine and medium) In one Moleskine their was some severe bleedthrough with the Parker Duofold (medium). So if you want to be on the safe side use this ink in a fine nib fountainpen.
Iroshizuku kon-peki (deep ocean blue)

The Iroshizuku ink is a luxurious line of inks created to reflect the beautiful natural scenery of Japan. The gorgeous shades will fill your fountain pen with bold, beautiful and vivid colors. Each bottle is a beautifully crafted glass container designed with an innovative dip at the bottom to ensure the savory enjoyment of every last drop. Every bottle has 50ml and are a great piece of art.

3 comments:

dianeb said...

I have it as well and it's a beautiful color. Great review, and interesting pen that Parker.

Ryan said...

Bought Iroshizuku Konpeki after reading your review but found out it bleeds through terribly on moleskine. It wrote it with an EF nib Pilot Custom 74.

pruitt said...

Late to this post but used Kon-Peki in a Lamy 2000 EF nib and can say, without hesitation, while it's a superlative color, it bleeds worse than any single ink I've EVER used. In any pen. On any paper. When an EF nib bleeds, you know it's a 'slippery' ink. On a regular legal pad, it is literally so bad it's like writing on toilet paper! I love the ink, but it'll be contained to Rhodia's only.

Post a Comment