Review Lamy Safari White (limited edition)

Thursday, August 27, 2009

In my search for all the Lamy Safari's Limited Editions I like, this white one, was one of the last pen's I wanted besides the Lamy Safari Lime. I bought this pen at Writer's Bloc. The pen was shipped fast (with some Rhodia stuff I also ordered). The pen came without converter. That was a little bummer because Pen Gallery put those things in the box also. But my daughter had a spare one left, wich I was allowed to use.
Lamy Safari White LE

Reviews on Lamy Safari are online available just google it. I wanted you to show the beauty of this pen. You can also read my review on the Lamy Safari Pink and Orange.

Unpacking
This pen did not come in a cardboard box but in a plastic one. Also a nice box I think that suites this pen very well.
Lamy Safari White LE
Lamy Safari White LE

Nib
My pen has a fine nib that writes great. I filled this pen with Aurora Blue. The nib makes the ink swing on the paper.
Lamy Safari White LE

Cap
This cap has a crosshairknob at the top. The Orange and the Pink one don't have that. So they must have changed the model a little bit.
Lamy Safari White LE

Lamy has a great winner with the Safari-line. The company is good enough to exploit the Safari long years ahead. But it is a great design. Many say it is the best pen under the $ 100,=
Lamy Safari White LE
Lamy is an independent family-owned enterprise which was established in 1930 by C. Josef Lamy in Heidelberg. The LAMY brand has existed since 1952 and proved its innovative prowess in the very first year with the completely novel LAMY 27 fountain pen series. And in 1966 the distinctive style of Lamy Design was born with the LAMY 2000.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Safaris are good pens. I like the way you beautifully photographed the White Safari that I highlighted it in my site ... http://aeetv.tk/

Goldspot said...

Those are some outstanding photos you took. Love the use of background and colors.

pennednpapered said...

I love the photographs. Beautiful!

CountryMouse said...

Just gorgeous photos!!!

CountryMouse said...

Beautiful photos!!!

Maree Clarkson said...

What a lovely pen Inky! Have never seen them here in South Africa. It's great to add to one's collection. And I'm stunned that there can be a whole blog on pens and inks! Well done.

Maree Clarkson said...

Sorry, one more point, will be following your blog via RSS in Google Reader as you don't seem to have a followers button? Regards, Maree

Anonymous said...

Terrific photos!

Richard said...

Wooow thank you all for your kind words!

Lorraine said...

I have a number of Lamy Safari pens--including this white one. It's my very favorite--so mid-century modern looking to my eye.

I would love to get another white Lamy--because I'm terribly afraid of losing my current one. But then, I do tend to hoard when I like things!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos - they make me consider a White Safari, which I have never done before.

.. said...

Hi, would you recommend the Pelikan M200?

And also, is Lamy White a good buy? Someone wants to sell it to me in Singapore. I would like your advice about the pen and the brand Lamy.

Richard said...

The Pelikan M200 is a smaller pen in reference to the Lamy Safari White. Pelikan and Lamy are German brands. They have broader nibs then Pilot or Namiki. Pelikan has more value then Lamy I think.

.. said...

I see, thanks Richard!

Cza said...

It's been some time, and I assume this pen has been with you quite as long. I'm just wondering, did it turn yellow with age?

Post a Comment