Sheaffer Red (ink review)

Thursday, February 18, 2010

This really surprising bottle of ink I bought in Groningen (in the Northern part of the Netherlands close by where we live) in a store called "De Vulpenwereld" (translation: "Fountain Pen World"). It is a really nice small fountain pen store with excellent staff. The ink sometimes called by it's second name Skrip.
Sheaffer Red

Color
I read a lot about this ink on The Fountain Pen Network. Some said it was the perfect red color. I do a lot of accentuating and highlighting with a red color. I'm not a teacher, but I think this Sheaffer Red color is excellent for grading students. It has some nice darker red shading in it.
Sheaffer Red

Writing
The ink flows great in this Pilot Namiki Vanishing Point. You can make a fast autograph without the ink skipping. It never hesitates in starting. Drying time with this nib is about 5 - 7 seconds. On Rhodia paper it takes twice the time.
Sheaffer Red

Written review
Sheaffer Red
Can't read it? Here's the translation:
"Sheaffer Red

This red is often called "the perfect" red. So I filled my nice red Pilot Namiki Vanishing Point (medium) with Sheaffer Red.

The Sheaffer Red behaves great in this Moleskine in combination with this medium nib. No bleed through at all. No visible feathering. The ink has a litlle bit of nice shading.

The flow is great. Drying time is very acceptable.

The ink only costs $ 0,10/ml.

The price and quality of this is remarkable.

Woodworker"
Sheaffer Red

The Bottle
The bottle contains 50ml of great ink. The bottle is deep enough to fill fountain pens with large nibs. I like the design which makes the bottle hard to fall.
Sheaffer Red

Desktopimage for you
If you like to have a real nice desktop image of this ink I have this one for you free to use. Click here

100% Moleskine-proof
Well there it is another great ink that is 100% Moleskine-proof. I could not find a Moleskine in my collection where it had bleed through or feathering in any pen. It's price is amazing and is cheaper then Noodler's ink.

Specially formulated, Sheaffer® Skrip® Ink will ensure a long write life and a smooth flow of ink to paper. There are a variety of colors available in 50ml bottles .

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Nice photo! I'm not much of a Moleskine user, but if I was I'd have to give this ink a try. I'll recommend it to Moleskine using friends :)

lady dandelion said...

I simply love your photos and ink reviews! That red VP is gorgeous!

Post a Comment