Stipula Musk Green (Verde Mushiato)

Thursday, March 4, 2010

I bought a few bottles of Stipula Calamo Ink at the PenGallery. Pen Gallery is a really great shop which delivers fast from Kuala Lumpur to everywhere in the world. I never heard of this ink. So I read about it on The Fountain Netwerk. I became curious and ordered some bottles. For this review I used my Pilot Namiki Vanishing Point with an italic nib from Richard Binder.
Stipula Musk Green Desktop Image

Color
This color tends a bit to Rohrer & Klingner Old Golden Green. But the color is darker and more green. The color has magnificent shading in combination with this wonderful italic nib. I really enjoy this ink. I thought this color was more green like the sample on the outside box, but is has more yellow in it.
Stipula Musk Green

Writing
Writing was great with this ink. I really enjoyed writing this review for you. The flow in this italic nib was great. I did not have a problem with it. It's a real quick dryer in the Moleskine. On Rhodia paper it takes more then 15 seconds to dry.
Stipula Musk Green

Written review
Stipula Musk Green
Can't read it? Here's the translation:
"Stipula Verde Mushiato

I put some Stipula Verde Mushiato in my Pilot Namiki Vanishing Point (italic)

What a great, nice, but strange green color. It hase a very nice shading from dark yellow to dark green.

This ink behaves great in this Moleskine. No bleed through. But a little bit of feathering can be found.

I think Stipula made a great green ink This ink costs $ 0,27/ml

Woodworker"
Stipula Musk Green

The Bottle
The bottle contains 70ml ink. It's a very nice shaped model of bottle. The bottle has a nice wide opening and is deep enough for our larger nibs. This ink bottle has been developed for Netto, Stipula’s revolutionary system for a clean filling to the last drop. I did not buy that system it is very expensive in my opinion.
Stipula Musk Green

Desktopimage
Here's a desktop you may use freely. It is at 1920 x 1200. Click on this link.

100% Moleskine proof
This ink is 100% Moleskine proof. I could not find a Moleskine where the ink showed any bleed through. Just a tiny bit of feathering in some Moleskines.

So again a great ink to write with in any Moleskine.
Stipula Musk Green

Calamo fountain pen ink (2.4 oz) is available in various colour formulations: Blu della Robbia (deep blue), Terra di Siena (sepia), Rosso Fiorentino (red finish), Verde Muschiato (green musk), Zafferano (sapphron golden yellow), and Borgogna (deep red). The glass of Calamo bottles is treated to protect the ink from the deterioration caused by exposure to the light. This ink bottle has been developed for Netto, Stipula’s revolutionary system for a clean filling to the last drop.

4 comments:

Sea said...

Hi,
I have been in love with fountain pens for a while now, in love with Moleskines forever and would like to know if you have any recommendations of a cheap fountain pen and ink that works well with Moleskines. I like the finer nibs with some controlled ink flow.
Thanks,
Sea
http://www.readingwithsea.wordpress.com

Richard said...

Hi Sea,

If you use this link you can see all the inks that go very well with the Moleskine. http://inkyjournal.blogspot.com/search/label/100%25%20Moleskine-proof%20ink

mzjohansen said...

This is my favorite ink of all time. I use a lot of it. Every time I try a new ink I always seem to return this one. Great review of a great ink!

lady dandelion said...

Great shots - making me want this ink! Thanks for yet another great review!

Post a Comment