New Montblanc 2010 Limited Edition Queen Elizabeth I Fountain Pen

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Queen Elizabeth I was one of few historical figures whose impact on history was so powerful that an entire era has been named after them – and she did it with a passion and charisma that still enthralls us today.

Elizabeth I ascended to the throne of England and Ireland in 1559, and over the next 44 years made her kingdom not just into a world power that ruled the seven seas, but also into Europe’s leading cultural nation of early modern times.

Today this golden age of British history is still known as the Elizabethan Era – a time when the English renaissance flourished, producing masters such as William Shakespeare and John Dowland and opening up Britain’s path into the present day. Her life has been filmed many times, the most recent version starring Cate Blanchett – clear proof that Queen Elizabeth I is still able to influence our lives today.


Montblanc pays tribute to this fascinating woman, queen and lover of culture with a stunning writing instrument – the Limited Edition Queen Elizabeth I. The pattern on the cap and cone is inspired by ornaments of the cover of the book "The Miroir or Glasse of the Synneful Soul".
• The lacquer reminds to an ermine, a symbol of royalty and Elizabeth I.
• The rose as the symbol of the Tudor dynasty as well as the cross with its green cabochon, are elements referring to Elizabeth I.
• Her motto is engraved on the cap ring "Video et Taceo".
• Handcrafted 18k gold nib with the royal crown.

1 comment:

mzjohansen said...

Oh My Gosh! I wish I was wealthy because this is the pen I would HAVE to have. Elizabeth I is my ultimate hero...WoW ! what a pen!

i should play the lottery for this one !

Post a Comment