Montblanc White Forest (ink review)

Thursday, February 25, 2010

I bought this bottle from The Goulet Pen Company. I like this shop very much. The service is great and the owner is very committed to keep you satisfied. I am looking for an ink that has a dark color but is not black. I ordered this one because the swaps looked promising.
Montblanc White Forest

Color
The color is green/brown and very dark. It has a lot of shading. In my opinion it is more dark green then dark brown.
Montblanc White Forest

Writing
The flow of the ink is great great great (I really mean it :-D). A free flowing ink. In a Moleskine theirs a little bit of feathering. Also it shows some bleed through in more then one Moleskine. Drying time is about 3 - 5 seconds with a medium nib. On the other hand on Rhodia paper it takes more then 15 seconds. On Rhodia paper no feathering or bleedthrough.
Montblanc White Forest

Scent
It does smell after pinewood. But the smell is not strong. I only smelled it good out of the bottle. After writing with it on paper the smell is mostly gone.
Montblanc White Forest

Written review
Montblanc White Forest
Can't read it? Here's the translation:
"Montblanc White Forest

I filled a Pilot Namiki Vanishing Point (medium) with the limited edition 2009 of Montblanc with the beautiful name "White Forest".

It is a nice free flowing ink in this pen. In this Moleskine no feathering, but you can see some bleed through on the other side of the page.

The color is really great! A beautiful dark green. It has some shading which I like very much. It smells after a pine tree, but the smell is quickly away.

This ink is not cheap $ 0,55/ml.

A quick dryer! (on Moleskine paper)

Woodworker"
Montblanc White Forest

The Bottle
The bottle contains 30ml. It's a shallow bottle I wonder if the Montblanc 149 fits in to get this ink. The design is great it shines great in the light.
Montblanc White Forest

Montblanc White Forest

None - Moleskinefriendly
To bad this ink is not Moleskine friendly. The color is great the flow is great. With a medium nib their were more then 4 out of 5 different Moleskines that showed bleed through.

Montblanc is a truly international brand with operations in more than 70 countries. Montblanc sells its products exclusively through its international network of authorized retailers, jewellers and over 360 Montblanc Boutiques worldwide.

4 comments:

Knittipina said...

It looks like a nice ink, but quite pricey. Thanks for the review!

CursorTN said...

I recently picked up a bottle of the 2005 Season's Greetings brown scented like "cookies and speice," which is really more like spice in scent. This is a very nice ink series, and I appreciate your review. I had tried to pick up a bottle of this, but my preferred local retailer (WorldLux) is sold out. I'll wait for next year--like most FP folks I know I have waaaay too much ink!

If your blog points out anything, it's the weakness in relying on Moleskine journals. Quo Vadis is my preferred alternative--there are no bleedthrough issues with the Clairfontaine paper they use.

Goulet Pens has done some interesting torture tests with the paper in various journals. Here's a link to the YouTube Channel for Brian's video podcast: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheInkNouveau
#12 is Moleskine vs. Quo Vadis Habana

Richard said...

Thanks for the reply. I have some notebooks to review soon. I will give my thoughts on Moleskine. :-)

Maybe Goulet Pens can do a drying time test of inks on several notebooks.

Cheryl said...

I really like the reflection of the blue sky and the trees on the surface of the ink bottle! The green ink sprinkled in the snow is a nice touch too.

I'm a bit picky about ink drying time too. It's a nice color and worth finding the best paper for it. Perhaps an Exacompta Basics journal would work well with this ink.

Post a Comment